I have the type of hair that gets oily very quickly. I can’t put a lot of product in my hair so I have to rely on shampoos and conditioners to keep my hair frizz-free. Because of this, I have tried many different types of dry shampoo. After about a year of experimenting, I’ve finally found one that I’m going to stick with, Aveeno’s “Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo.” I spray it on the roots of my hair the day after I blow dry and straighten my hair and it instantly gives my hair a cleaner, dryer look. It also gives my roots a little bit of a boost which adds volume to my hair. The Active Naturals formula used in this product is also safe for color-treated hair. So whether you dye your hair or not, this dry shampoo will definitely give you that freshly washed and styled look that every girl wants. So don’t waste your time and money trying all different types of dry shampoos to figure out which one works best. Just take my word for it and start using Aveeno’s Dry Shampoo.
As stated by their website, http://www.aveeno.com/pure-renewal-dry-shampoo. “This exclusive ACTIVE NATURALS® formula is infused with Balancing Seaweed Extract which instantly revives hair for healthy manageability. The formula is sulfate-free and designed to remove excess oil and impurities to help boost volume. Developed by our expert team of scientists and eco-friendly celebrity hair stylist, Patrick Melville”.
Patrick Melville’s quick how-to for achieving polished party hair (low chignon):
1. Blow-dry hair with Mason Pearson Brush or round brush, when hair is dry, spray hair with the AVEENO® Dry Shampoo at the root to create texture
2. Take a small tail comb and tease very gently at the root throughout the head, flip hair upside down and break up hair with your finger
3. Grab hair at the nape and secure with hair tie, this should create a little texture and softness around your face
4. With the tailcomb, gently tease the ponytail to create more texture, spin ponytail around to create a chignon at nape of neck and secure with a straight pin or bobby pin
5. Break up with fingers on the bottom, use a lightweight hairspray to secure in place, finish with a sparkly headband or clip.
You can find a complete range of Aveeno products from skin and hair care to baby care at http://www.aveeno.com.