At Sunday night’s Grammys red carpet, Tinashe’s hair says she is bold and unapologetic.
Inspiration: As Tinashe usually wears her hair down to perform, Marcia wanted something off her face and her shoulders for the red carpet–but edgier than the usual braid.
Step-by-step tips on how to recreate her look:
- To prep below blowing dry, apply a cocktail of John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Six Effects + Serum and John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme to wet hair
- Blow dry hair straight almost entirely with a paddle brush, but concentrate on lifting hair at the roots but blowdrying with a round boar-bristly brush
- If necessary, use a flatiron to give hair an even sleeker look, with exception of any face framing pieces
- Pin two curls on either side of the head and let them set
- Take a triangular piece of hair in the center of the back of the head, separate into two pieces and knot
- Continue to pull pieces of hair from the sides of the head and knot in the back, creating a series of knots from the center of the head down the neck
- After all hair as been gathered and knotted, twirl the bottom of the hair, twist it up and pin in the back
- Release the pinned curls in the front of the head, brush them out, and finish by applying a light amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Styling Creme